Thursday 3 December 2009

Changing Audio to change Visual

I looked at several short clips of films which had a certin type of music. I then looked up different types of music and combined the two to change the meaning of the visual. I took a clip from 'Hot Fuzz' which is a comedy and on one scene i added the soundtrack to 'Hlloween' this piece of music is so distintive that it automticlly changes the scene from being that of a comedy to that of possibly a horror. I tried this technique with other clips and found that music in films is key to setting the scene or theme. More quiter music would relate to more of a Romantic film where as more up tempo music would relate more to a action/ adventure movie.

I never knew how importnat music was until i studied this brief. I find it highly interesting how i can change the mood of a scene that the director intended to be a certain way and flipping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment